Monday 7 September 2009

Stage 2

After a very efficient transition I was out on the bike for the road cycle of around 26km to Buttermere lake.

Within the first couple of hundred metres I made what was to be one of just two navigation mistakes for the whole race as I got the wrong road and went on a tour of the village rather than cutting the corner off.

After an initial road section the route jumped onto a disused railway cycleway which gave a nice traffic-free ride for good few kms on a mix of tarmac and smooth gravel.

The ride went surprisingly easily with just a few reasonable climbs and a lovely long fast descent down to the lake past Loweswater.

Everything felt good and I bashed the stage out in about an hour and 20 minutes to arrive at the transition feeling pretty good.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment